|📘 Book Title||Revitalisation Of The Sciences Of Religion|
|👤 Book Author||Imam Al-Ghazali|
|🖨️ Total Pages||515|
|👁️ Book Views|
416 total views, 3 views today
|📥 Book Download||PDF Direct Download Link|
|🛒 Get Hardcover||Click for Hard Similar Copy from Amazon|
Revitalisation Of The Sciences Of Religion Al Ghazali’s Ihya Ulum Al Din abridgement
REVITALISATION OF THE SCIENCES OF RELIGION
Some Book Contents
The quarter on the Destructive Matters of Life comprises ten books:-
- On the Wonders of the Heart
- On the Discipline of the Soul
- The Breaking of the Two Desires
- The Evil of the Tongue
- The Condemnation of Anger, Rancour and Envy
- The Condemnation of Worldliness
- The Condemnation of Miserliness and Love of Wealth
- The Condemnation of Prestige and Hypocrisy
- The Condemnation of Pride and Conceit
- The Condemnation of Vanity
- The quarter on the Saving Matters of Life comprises ten books:-
- On Repentance
- On Patience and Gratitude
- On Fear and Hope
- On Poverty and Asceticism
- On Divine Unity and Dependence
- On Love, Longing, Intimacy and Contentment
- On Intentions, Truthfulness and Sincerity
- On Self-Examination and Self Accounting
- On Meditation
In the quarter on the Acts of Worship I shah mention some of the hidden elements of its meanings. These, the active learned person badly needs, without their knowledge no one will be versed in the science of the Hereafter.
Most of this information has been neglected in theological studies.
In the quarter on the Customs of Life I shall deal with the rules of practical religion current among men, its deep mysteries, intricate technique, and the piety concealed in its rules of conduct, which no religious person can do without.
In the quarter on the Destructive Matter of Life I shall enumerate every abhorred trait whose exposure the Qur’an has ordered, as well as dealing with the purifying of the soul and the cleansing of the heart from them.
Under every one of these straits I shall give its definition, the truth about it, its origin, its evil consequences, its symptoms, and finally its treatment.
To all this will be added illustrations from the Qur’an, tradition, and antiquity.
In the quarter on the Saving Matters of Life, I shall enumerate every praiseworthy trait and every one of the desirable qualities of God’s favourites (al-muqarrabun) and the saints, by means of which the slave seeks to draw near to the Lord of the Universe.
Similarly, under every quality I shall give its definition, the truth about it, its origin, its fruit, the sign by which it is known, its excellence which renders it desirable, together with examples to illustrate it from the fields of law and reason.
To read more about the Revitalisation Of The Sciences Of Religion book Click the download button below to get it for free
Report broken link
Support this Website