Salah Ad-Din Al-Ayyubi (Saladin) Hero of the Battle of Hattin and Liberator of Jerusalem from the Crusaders 532 – 589 A.H./1137 – 1193 C.E.
Salah Ad-Din Al-Ayyubi, also known as Saladin, was the hero of the Battle of Hattin and the Liberator of Jerusalem from the Crusaders. This book, written by ‘Abdullah Nasih ‘Ulwan and translated by Khalifa Ezzat Abu Zeid, tells the story of Salah Ad-Din’s remarkable life and achievements. Starting with his lineage and upbringing, the book describes how Salah Ad-Din rose to power, first in Egypt during the Fatimid rule, and then in Syria.
The book also discusses the Crusades and their impact on the region, as well as the reasons for the Crusaders’ victory in the first crusade and their subsequent defeat at the Battle of Hattin. Salah Ad-Din’s role in this battle and his treatment of the Crusaders are also examined in detail.
The book goes on to explore the reforms that Salah Ad-Din achieved, including educational, economic, social, and religious reforms. His characteristics, such as piety, justice, courage, understanding, chivalry, and asceticism, are also discussed.
One of the main themes of the book is the importance of unity among Muslims, as demonstrated by Salah Ad-Din’s unification of Greater Syria and Egypt. The author argues that unity is essential for the liberation of Palestine and that Muslims should look to Salah Ad-Din’s example as a model for leadership and motivation.
The foreword by Sheikh Sa’id Hawwa emphasizes the significance of Salah Ad-Din’s legacy and the need for Muslims to remember his example and strive towards unity and the liberation of Palestine. The book is a practical lesson and a real way to carry out this mission.
In conclusion, this book is an insightful and informative account of Salah Ad-Din’s life, achievements, and legacy. It is a must-read for anyone interested in Islamic history, leadership, and the struggle for Palestine.
- Foreword By Sheikh Sa’id Hawwa
- Preface to the Second and Third Editions
- Preface to the First Edition.
- Salah Ad-Din’s Family and Upbringing
- The Beginning of Salah Ad-Din’s Rule
- Egypt during the Fatimid Rule
- Shawir As-Sa’di’s Rebellion
- Second Stage of the Struggle over Egypt
- Last Stage of the Struggle over Egypt
- Analysis and Commentary
Salah Ad-Din in Egypt
- Vizier for the Fatimid Caliph
- Ending Internal Conspiracies
- Eradicating External Plots
- Sermon in the Name of the Abbasid Caliph
- Policy with Nur Ad-Din
- Salah Ad-Din in Syria
- Syria after Nur Ad-Din
- Damascus Sends for Salah Ad-Din
- Salah Ad-Din in Damascus
- In Homs, Hamah and Aleppo
- Countries United under His Rule
- Crusaders’ Plots and Wars
- What Were the Crusades?
- Reasons for the Crusades
- First Crusade and Occupation of Jerusalem
- Reasons for the Crusaders’ Victory
- Second Crusade: Prelude to Victory at Hattin
- Salah Ad-Din’s Victory in the Battle of Hattin
- Reasons for the Battle
- Battle of Hattin and Conquest of Jerusalem
- Salah Ad-Din’s Treatment of the Crusaders
- Blockade of Acre and Third Crusade
- Salah Ad-Din’s End
- Reasons for Victory over the Crusaders
- Fear of Allah and Avoiding the Prohibited
- Full Preparation and Extensive Concern
- Political Unity of Muslim Countries
- Aiming to Make Allah’s Word Supreme
- Liberation was the Issue of Islam and Muslims
Palestine Yesterday and Today
- Decline in the Moral and Spiritual Side
- Differences, Quarrels and Disputes
- Interest in Word but Not in Deed
- Wrong Aim of War
- Just an Arab Issue
- Salah Ad-Din’s Characteristics
- Piety and Worship
- Justice and Mercy
- Courage and Perseverance
- Understanding and Forgiveness
- Chivalry and Magnanimity
- Love of Poetry and Literature
- Asceticism and Generosity
- Activity and Interest in Jihad
Reforms Achieved by Salah Ad-Din
- Construction Improvements
- Educational Reform
- Economic Reform
- Social Reform
- Religious Reform
- Final Word
- Praise by Prof. ‘Abdul-Jabbar Ar-Rahbi
“This book with title: Salah Ad-Din Al-Ayyubi (Saladin) Hero of the Battle of Hattin and Liberator of Jerusalem from the Crusaders 532 – 589 A.H./1137 – 1193 C.E., was posted under a Creative Commons license or with the author’s or publisher’s permission when I obtained it from archive.org. If you have any concerns about the book’s copyright, get in touch with us”.
To learn more about the book titled: Salah Ad-Din A1-Ayyubi (Saladin) Hero of the Battle of Hattin and Liberator of Jerusalem from the Crusaders 532 – 589 A.H./1137 – 1193 C.E., Click the download button below to get it for free