ARABIC VERBS AND ESSENTIALS OF GRAMMAR – Book Sample
Contents – ARABIC VERBS AND ESSENTIALS OF GRAMMAR PDF DOWNLOAD
- The Arabic root system 6
Part One: Arabic Verbs
- Regular verbs: The basic tenses 13
- Irregular verbs: Introduction 19
- Irregular verbs: Verbs with waaw or yaa’
as a root letter 20
- Irregular verbs: Doubled verbs 30
- Irregular verbs: Verbs with hamza 33
- Derived forms of verbs: Introduction 38
- Derived forms II–IV 40
- Derived forms V–VI 47
- Derived forms VII–X 54
- Essentials of making sentences with verbs 62
- Verbs in the subjunctive 65
- Verbs in the jussive (incl. the imperative) 69
- Making verbs negative 79
- Making verbs passive 82
- Verbal nouns and other verbal constructions 87
- Verbs in the dual 95
- Verbs with four root letters (quadriliterals) 97
- Some unusual common verbs 99
For more information about this title, click here
Part Two: Arabic Essentials of Grammar
- The article and personal pronouns 105
- Genders 107
- Sentences without verbs 109
- Describing things 111
- Describing position (prepositions of place) 115
- Plurals 116
- Describing possession 119
- Questions and relative clauses 122
- The dual 123
- Arabic alphabet and pronunciation 124
- Grammatical case endings 125
- Numbers 126
Verb Index: 400 Arabic verbs for easy reference 127
This book is intended for beginning and intermediate learners of Arabic. You could be studying in a group or by yourself. Either way, you should find this book an essential and accessible introduction to Arabic verbs and grammar and a helpful on-going reference.
We are assuming a basic knowledge of the Arabic script as it is not possible to teach this skill within the parameters of this guide.
However, to help you we have also included transliteration throughout, using a simplified system (see Appendix (i), page 124).
Arabic Verbs and the Essentials of Grammar aims to make Arabic grammar more understandable by presenting it in an accessible style. This guide covers most of what you will need to know about Arabic verbs during your study of modern Arabic, and also provides a useful summary of the main grammar points.
This is a study aid rather than a course. However, there is progression in the two main parts of the book, or you can simply dip in to brush up on a particular area.
This second edition also includes a comprehensive Verb Index listing 400 high-frequency Arabic Verbs (including all those in this book). The index will enable you to look up individual verbs in Arabic or English alphabetical order and find out their pronunciation, root letters and type. You will then be able to reference them to the relevant sections in this book. Not only this, you will also gain a better insight into how the Arabic verbal system works in general, and so be able to use other advanced dictionaries and references more effectively.
We hope you find this book a useful tool in your study of Arabic.
To read more about the Arabic Verbs And Essentials Of Grammar book Click the download button below to get it for free