Common Mistakes in Hajj
COMMON MISTAKES IN HAJJ
- Do not pass the Meeqaat without being in the state of Ihraam. If you are landing in Jeddah and going to Makkah to perform Umrah directly, you must be in a state of Ihraam before you land, as the plane shall enter the Meeqaat. Jeddah is inside the Meeqaat.
- If you are landing in Jeddah, you need your Ihraam towels with you on the airplane in your carry-on bag.
- Women may wear anything Islamically permissible for Ihraam.
- Do not take pictures of yourself in Ihraam. You came to worship Allah and taking pictures for showing others later may contradict your sincerity of doing this for the sake of Allah.
- Women in their menses must be in a state of Ihraam when they pass the Meeqaat. They should shower and do talbiyah like everyone else.
- Do not uncover your right shoulder until you reach the Ka’bah and be- gin Tawaaf. This is the time that the Messenger uncovered his shoulder and it is an act of Hajj, so we must follow when the Prophet did it.
- You may change your Ihraam towels if they get dirty.
- You do not enter into Ihraam by just wearing the towels. You must make the intention to begin.
- Do not shave your beard, whether before, during or after Ihraam.
- You should wear sandals, but if you do not have sandals, you do not have to walk barefoot. Wear what you have until you find a place to get
- When beginning your Ihraam for Hajj, do it from where you are: in your hotel, on the street, etc. You do not have to go to the Ka’bah to start your Ihraam for Hajj.
- Do pay attention to what you are saying when you are making the
- Talbiyah: Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk…
- When you hear that you are not allowed to wear stitches in Ihraam, know that what is meant is that you cannot wear pieces of cloth that are sewn together to wrap your body, such as a T-Shirt or underwear.
- Both men and women may shower with unscented soap. Yes, for women and men, you may comb your hair, as the Prophet’s wives used to do when they were in Ihraam.
C – In Tawaaf
- You do not have to say your intention out loud to begin Ta- waaf. Saying intentions out loud is something the Prophet (peace be upon him) never did except after Ihraam when he said, “Labbayk Allahumma Umrah wa Hajj.”
- You do not have to touch the black stone for your Tawaaf to
- be accepted. If it is crowded you may face your hand toward the stone and say Allahu Akbar.
- Do not kiss the Yemeni corner. You may only touch it.
- Do not worship the black stone. You are glorifying Allah by coming to this house and worshiping Him, following the Sunnah of Rasul Allah (peace be upon him).
- Do not follow those du’aa’ books that make up du’aa’ for each time you go around the Ka’bah. Read Quran and make du’aa’ from your heart and glorify Allah.
- Make du’aa’ by yourself, do not do it in a shouting group around the Ka’bah.
- Do not wipe the walls of the Ka’bah during Tawaaf. Rasul Allah did not touch anything other than the black stone and the Yemeni corner.
- Do not hurt anyone to kiss the black stone.
- Do not face your hand to the Yemeni corner and say Allahu Akbar. This is only for the black stone.
- Do not push or hurt anyone during Tawaaf.
- The Ka’bah should be to your left. Do not do Tawaaf with your back to the Ka’bah.
- Do not stand at the black stone line for a long time. Move on.
- Do not lengthen your 2 rak’ahs of Tawaaf.
- There is nothing in the Sunnah about: Du’aa’ Maqaam Ibraheem.
After you pray the 2 rak’ahs of Tawaaf, move on.