DIFFERENCES OF OPINION AMONGST THE SCHOLARS – Book Sample
Contents – DIFFERENCES OF OPINION AMONGST THE SCHOLARS
- Transliteration Table 4
- Biography of Shaykh Muhammad ibn S_aalih Al-‘Uthaymeen 6
- Introduction 9
- The First Cause: The relevant evidence was not known to the scholar
- who erred in his judgment 18
- The Second Cause: The relevant fladeeth is known to the scholar,
- but he does not have any confidence in it’s narrator and regards it to be
- in contradiction to a stronger evidence, so he holds on to that which he
- believes is stronger 21
- The Third Cause: The fladeeth was known to the scholar but he did ,
- not recollect it 23
- The Fourth Cause: The scholar is aware of the evidence but understands
- it incorrectly 26
- The Fifth Cause: The scholar is aware of the fladeeth but it is in
- actual fact abrogated 31
- The Sixth Cause: The scholar believes that the particular evidence
- in question conflicts with either a stronger text or a consensus of the
- scholars 33
- The Seventh Cause: The scholar gives a ruling on the basis of a
- weak fladeeth, or his argumentation and deduction is poor 37
- Our Stance Towards the Differences Amongst the Scholars 40
Biography of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih. Al ‘Uthaymeen
- His lineage: He is Aboo ‘Abdullaah, Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen al-Wuhaybee at-Tameemee.
- His birth: He was born in the town of ‘Unayzah on the 27th of the blessed month of Ramactaan in the year 1347 H.
- His early life: He recited the Noble Qur’aan with his maternal grandfather ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Sulaymaan Aal Daamigh, ra/Jjmahullaah. He first memorised the entire Qur’aan, and then continued to seek knowledge. He learned writing, arithmetic and other disciplines. Also two students of Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan as-Sa’dee, rafl.imahullaah, took up the task of teaching small chil dren; one of them was Shaykh ‘Alee a -Saalihee, and the other was Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-‘ Azeez al-Mutawwa’, rab.imahumullaah under whom Shaykh lbn ‘Uthaymeen studied the abridgement of al- ‘Aqeedatul-Waasitiyyah of Shaykh ‘Abdur Rahmaan as-Sa’dee, and Minhaajus-Saalikeen in Fiqh, also by Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan and al-Ajroomiyyah and al-A(fiyyah.
He studied fiqh and the laws of inheritance with Shaykh ‘Abdur Rahmaan ibn ‘Alee ibn ‘Awdaan. With Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Na ir as-Sa’dee, who is considered his first Shaykh, since he remained with him for some time, he studied tawb_e ed , tafseer, b_a deeth, fiqh, the principles of jiqh (u5..oolul-fiqh), laws of inherit ance, sciences of b.adeeth , Arabic Grammar (nab.w) and morphol ogy (J_arf).
Indeed the noble Shaykh was highly regarded by Shaykh ‘Abdur Rahmaan, rab.imahullaah, and when Shaykh Muhammad’s father moved to Riyadh he initially expressed a desire that his son should do likewise. However Shaykh ‘Abdur-Rahmaan as -Sa’ dee, rab.imahullaah, wrote to him: “This is not possible, rather we hope
To read more about the Differences Of Opinion Amongst The Scholars book Click the download button below to get it for free