Healing After Loss: Consoling The Bereaved by Imam Jalal al-Din al-Suyuti
BIOGRAPHY OF IMAM AL-SUYOTI
CHAPTER ONE: DEATH
- The Merit of Death and its Being Better than Life
- Death is a Transition from a Constriction Expansive World
- The Honour a Believer Receives when His Soul is Taken.
- Past-Souls Meet the Deceased when His Soul exits His Body, Gather Around Him and Ask Him Questions .
- The Deceased Recognizes those Who Wash Him and Prepare His Body
- The Heavens and the Earth Weep Over the Deceased
CHAPTER TWO: THE GRAVE
- The Constriction of the Grave will be Lightened for the Believer
- The Expansion of the Grave for the Believer
- The Glad-Tidings Received by a Believer at the Questioning of Munkar and Nakit aff
- The Pain of the Believer in His Grave
- The Salah of the Deceased in the Grave
- The Recitation of the Qur an by the Deceased in the Grave
- The Angels Teach the Believer the Qur’an in His Grave
- The Garment of a Believer in His Grave
- The Bedding of the Believer in His Grave.
- ‘The Deceased Visit Each Other in the Grave
- The Deceased Recognise their Visitors and Derive Comfort from their Company
CHAPTER THREE: RESTING PLACES .
- The Resting Place of the Souls
- Believing-Infants are Suckled and Nursed in Paradise.