Tajweed Qur’an with meaning translation in English with an index on Quran topics and transliteration
It is of His Glory’s gifts upon us that He made His Qur’an easy to comprehend.
Its words were written in a simple way, during the age of prophet Muhammad (Allah bless and give him peace)
Calligraphy of words only without dots or vowels
Its letters were vowelized during the days of Al-Imam Ali (May Allah honor him).
Dots were placed on the letters which resemble each other, during the days of Caliph Abdul Malek Ibn Marwan
Subject to recitation in His Noble Book, by using colors to indicate the rules of recitation and their timing in order to facilitate the recitation of the Noble Qur’an.
Tajweed rules for the noble Qur’an are color-coded for both the Arabic and the English translations. Using only three primary colors—red (color graduation) for positions that need to be prolonged, green (Ghunnah) for the nasal, and blue (description of sound articulation—the transliteration is incredibly simple to understand, (gray is not pronounced).
Without having to memorize them, 28 rules are implemented while reciting. At the end of this Qur’an, they are explained if you desire to memorize them. Dear Qur’anic reader, in order to focus on the meaning, it is advised that you pause when there are spaces between some words and not vocalize the word’s final letter (where the vowel is blocked in a small square).
What Tajweed is?
Tajweed (تَجْوِيدْ) is the science of reciting the Quran correctly. It is a set of rules that govern the pronunciation of the letters of the Arabic alphabet, as well as the pauses, intonations, and rhythms used in recitation.
The purpose of tajweed is to ensure that the Quran is recited in the way that it was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This is important because the Quran is considered to be the word of Allah, and it is believed that reciting it correctly can bring great rewards.
There are many different schools of thought on tajweed, and there is no single, universally accepted method of recitation. However, there are some basic principles that are common to all schools of thought. These principles include:
- Proper pronunciation of the letters: The letters of the Arabic alphabet have a specific sound, and it is important to pronounce them correctly. This includes pronouncing the letters with the correct makharij (points of articulation).
- Correct use of pauses: The Quran contains pauses that are used to indicate the end of a sentence, a phrase, or a word. It is important to use these pauses correctly in order to make the meaning of the Quran clear.
- Correct use of intonations: The Quran contains a variety of intonations that are used to convey different emotions and meanings. It is important to use these intonations correctly in order to bring out the beauty of the Quran.
- Correct use of rhythms: The Quran is recited in a variety of rhythms that are used to create a sense of beauty and flow. It is important to use these rhythms correctly in order to enhance the recitation.
Tajweed is a complex and challenging subject, but it is also a rewarding one. By learning tajweed, you can improve your understanding of the Quran and your ability to recite it correctly. This can bring you closer to Allah and help you to reap the rewards of reciting the Quran.
Here are some of the benefits of learning tajweed:
- You will be able to recite the Quran correctly, which is considered to be a great act of worship.
- You will be able to understand the Quran better, as the correct pronunciation of the words can help to reveal their meaning.
- You will be able to connect with the Quran on a deeper level, as you will be able to appreciate its beauty and eloquence.
- You will be able to inspire others to learn tajweed and to recite the Quran correctly.
If you are interested in learning tajweed, there are many resources available to you. You can find books, websites, and even online courses that can teach you the basics of tajweed. You can also find teachers who can help you to learn tajweed in person. With a little effort, you can learn tajweed and reap the many benefits that it has to offer.
Some books of Tajweed on this website include:
- Reach The Goal Via Tajweed Rules
- Tajweed Rules of The Qur’an
- Quranul Kareem Muallimul Tajweed
- Simple Rules of Tajweed